Franco-German Observatory of the Indo-Pacific
The Franco-German Observatory will invite key actors from the Indo-Pacific to present their vision of the region, how they conceive of it geo-strategically and the place of China, the US, and Europe within this framework. We look forward to debating questions of economic interdependence and independence, of trade and investment, and the expectations the countries of the Indo-Pacific might have towards the ‘West’ in general, and Europe, in particular’.
Thursday, 8 April, 9.30-10.30 am (CET) | 3.30-4.30 pm (Singapore).
- Prof. Dr. C. Raja Mohan is an Indian academic, journalist and foreign policy analyst. He is the Director of the Institute of South Asian Studies, National University of Singapore.
Chairs & Moderation:
- Prof. Dr. Amrita Narlikar is the President of the German Institute for Global and Area Studies (GIGA), and Professor at the Universität Hamburg.
- Dr. Christophe Jaffrelot is a Senior Research Fellow at Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches Internationales (CERI-CNRS) who teaches at Sciences Po Paris and is Professor of Indian Politics and Sociology at King’s College London.
- Dr. Christophe Jaffrelot (CERI-Sciences Po/CNRS & King’s College London)
- Prof. Dr. Patrick Köllner (GIGA)
- Prof. Dr. Amrita Narlikar (GIGA)