Student Assistant (w/m/d)
Leibniz-Zentrum für Marine Tropenforschung GmbH (ZMT), Bremen
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT) in Bremen is a member of the Leibniz Association, which is supported by the German Federal and State Governments. Through its research, ZMT contributes to developing science-based strategies for sustainable use of tropical coastal systems.
The working group Institutional and Behavioural Economics is looking for a
Student Assistant (w/m/d)
(Reference number: 188 - IBE)
to assist within the project COMPASS: Comparing Aquaculture Systems Sustainability. COMPASS is comprised of two PhD students and one Postdoctoral researcher who are currently conducting literature reviews, qualitative interviews, quantitative surveys and experimental social science research on aquaculture systems on Lombok, Indonesia. This student assistant position will help with literature searching and synthesis, data preparation and handling, as well as administrative tasks to help the project team. The Student Assistant will have the opportunity to learn about the social science research at ZMT and within the project.
- Currently enrolled bachelor or master student
- Interest in working within the environmental social sciences (economics, political sciences, sociology, sustainability sciences, etc.)
- Willingness to learn and cooperate with team members
- Familiarity with quantitative or qualitative data handling, processing and analysis
- Very good English writing skills, Bahasa Indonesia is an advantage
Please do not hesitate to get in contact for any further information with Prof. Dr. Achim Schlüter, achim.schlueter(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
The contract period aims a minimum of 6 months with 40 hrs/month.
Salary will be paid due to the German minimum wage.
- An exciting working environment in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented institute
- A highly motivated, problem oriented team, working on similar topics with a broad variety of methods
- Possibility to collaborate on established projects and (depending on available options) the development of an own research agenda.
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills in social science research
- A family-friendly working environment
ZMT is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with a migration background are welcome. Disabled persons with comparable qualification receive preferential status.
Please send your application until January 31st, 2021 as a single pdf file with the reference number “188 – IBE”, to Ms. Lena Oehlmann, bewerbung(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT), Fahrenheitstraße 6, 28359 Bremen