Research Assistant (Prae Doc) (f/m/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Plasmaforschung und Technologie (INP), Greifswald
For our analytics team the INP is seeking to hire – subject to the future commitment of funds - as soon as possible a proactive and highly motivated
Research Assistant (Prae Doc) (f/m/d)
Plastic Nano- and Micro Materials
Fixed term contract for 36 months/Part-time appointment (26.5 hours/week)/Target salary: TV-L (pay scale area East)/E 13
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will work in multi-national and open-minded research environment in the life science department of the INP. In several fundamental and translational research projects, the foundations and application of redox signal pathways are investigated. This includes (but is not limited to) tumor immunology, redox biomarker identification, lipid oxidation, and reactive species driven synthesis. You will contribute to investigate the impact of nano- and microplastic particles on biomolecules, cells, and tissues. By generating and describing the formation of protein and lipid coronas on such particles in various model environments, you will pave the way to understand the dynamics of their uptake and transport in mammalian models and systems. You will benefit from interdisciplinary collaboration with co-workers, project partners within the INP, consortium partners, and international collaborators. In return, the project benefits from your open-mindedness, flexibility, and dedication. It is assumed that you pursue a Ph.D. during the positions duration.
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in life science or related topics
- Knowledge and experience in analytical techniques, especially mass spectrometry
- Evidence of experience in the work with nano- or microparticles and related research fields
- Ability to successfully plan, conduct, and write up research
- Flexibility, dedication, detail orientation, team work competency but also ability to work independent
- High reliability
- Experience in working in a multi-project lab environment desirable
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- Compensation according to the collective salary agreement of Länder (TV-L, pay scale area East) including employer contributions to medical and dental insurance, maternity leave and retirement benefits
- Creative work environment
- State-of-the-art technical facilities
- Networking opportunities at national and international conferences and in cooperation with national and international industry partners
- Possibility of designing and implementing own project ideas
- Internal laboratory tours (“What do the colleagues do?”)
- In-house training (e.g. project management, scientific writing, writing project proposals, German language course)
- Flexible working hours and home-office offers
- 30 vacation days per year (plus: December 24 and 31)
- Sports courses in our institute rooms
Our institute ranks among the largest and most modern institutions in the field of low-temperature plasmas worldwide. In an international working environment, we conduct socially relevant research within our core areas Materials & Energy and Environment & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 scientists and staff at three locations (Greifswald, Rostock and Karlsburg).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with the common documents (cover letter, CV, 1-2 page outline of a project related to nano- and microparticle detection, references) giving the keyword „0365 Prae Doc MicrOmics” - preferably via our online application - until September 27th 2020.
Your performance and personality matters regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
The INP wants equal participation of men and women, especially in science. There are many good reasons why it is worthwhile to promote the potential of women specifically. Qualified women candidates are explicitly called to apply. Handicapped applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
For professional information and inquiries, please contact Dr. Kristian Wende (Tel.: 03834-554 3923; kristian.wende(at)inp-greifswald.de).
Please send your applications to*:
Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)
Mrs Gabriele Lembke
Human Resources Department
* Unfortunately, we cannot refund any of your expenses for applications and job interviews due to budgetary regulations.
For further information, please visit our website at www.leibniz-inp.de.