Postdoctoral researcher (w/m/d)
Leibniz-Zentrum für Marine Tropenforschung GmbH (ZMT), Bremen
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT) in Bremen is a member of the Leibniz Association, which is supported by the German Federal and State Governments. Through its research, ZMT contributes to developing science-based strategies for sustainable use of tropical coastal systems.
The working group Institutional and Behavioural Economics is looking for a
Postdoctoral researcher (w/m/d)
(Reference number: 187-IBE)
to engage with the various projects of the working group and to develop own research in the field of coastal institutional analysis and institutional change in relation to the marine tropics. Currently we are working on a wide range of topics, spanning from the sustainable transition of aquaculture, to process of institutional change, small-scale fisheries, coastal commons, privatization, payment for ecosystem services and block chain technology etc. (for a more complete picture see the web page). We work in various countries around the tropical belt. Depending on the qualifications and interests of the candidate, cooperation within those projects would be encouraged and part of your job, the same as helping in the organization of the working group and the department administratively. Currently the working group has an interest in expanding institutional analysis, development and change on the coast of West Africa and Germany.
- Background in social sciences (economics, political sciences, sociology, sustainability sciences, etc.)
- A background on institutions most likely in the field of natural resource use
- Strong skills in research methods (qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods could suite)
- Very good English writing skills, another language spoken in our project regions is an advantage
- A strong interest to work in an interdisciplinary and problem oriented environment
- Curiosity about other cultures and the interest to look at them in a comparative perspective
- The courage to travel on the uncertain but rewarding road of a scientific carrier
The contract is limited to 2 years. However, the aim is to develop jointly a longer collaboration.
Salary will be paid according to the German TV-L EG 13 (100%).
Please do not hesitate to get in contact for any further information with Prof. Dr. Achim Schlüter, achim.schlueter(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
- An exciting working environment in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented institute
- A highly motivated, problem oriented team, working on similar topics with a broad variety of methods
- Possibility to collaborate on established projects and (depending on available options) the development of an own research agenda
- A family-friendly working environment
ZMT is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with a migration background are welcome. Disabled persons with comparable qualification receive preferential status.
Please send your application (a motivation letter, a copy of the relevant certificates, a complete CV with a list of publications/PhD thesis and skills, names with email addresses and telephone numbers of two referees) until January 31st, 2021 as a single pdf file with the reference number “187 – IBE” to Ms. Lena Oehlmann, bewerbung(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT), Fahrenheitstraße 6, D-28359 Bremen