PhD position (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz Institute for Analytical Sciences - ISAS - e.V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
At ISAS in Dortmund we invite applications for a
PhD position (m/f/d)
in Molecular Pharmacology
In the group Biomedical Research at ISAS Dortmund you will be responsible for:
- Characterization of thyroid hormone (TH) action in chronic ischemic heart disease
- Local control of TH signalling in cardiac physiology and study of the underlying mechanisms
- Evaluation of signal transduction pathways
- Study of cellular functions linked to local TH action in vitro in endothelial cells and cardiomyocytes by using cell-specific mouse models
- Masters, Diploma or equivalent degree in Pharmacy, Biochemistry or Biology
- Strong background and interest in signal transduction in cardiovascular diseases
- Experience with microscopic and histological methods, mouse handling, cell isolation and culture, molecular cloning and biochemical assays
- A strong interest for Biomedicine and Pharmacology would be required
- clear research topic as well as multifold training and support for PhD students in framework of ISAS and the Leibniz association
- Training and scientific development opportunities in an international environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure in various analytical methods
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and women, and is therefore interested in applications from women.
The salary will be according to the German TV/L. The part-time position (65%) is offered until 30th June 2024 supported by the project CRC/TR 296. The position is available immediately. The time limitation of the contract is based on the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG). ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber.
Closing date for application is 6th November 2020. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas, a 2-page research statement that clearly describes your research profile and interests in the position as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, if available, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 26/2020 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to email@example.com. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (personal(at)isas.de).
For further informationn the institute please see http://www.isas.de.