Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
In the bioanalytics research department, we develop techniques to quantify molecules with spatial and temporal resolution in cells and tissues and apply the technology for the investigation of complex signal transduction- and metabolic pathways in cells and tissues at different levels. We aim to transfer technologies to improve the diagnosis of diseases - for example cardiovascular diseases – and contribute to the earlier diagnosis, a better prognosis and for the development of new therapies.
Hence, we invite applications for the following position
of our new junior research group “NMR and MS based spatial Metabolomics”
In the department of bioanalytics at ISAS Dortmund you will be responsible for:
- building up an interdisciplinary team to explore the spatial and temporal limits of metabolite detection in cells and tissues using NMR spectroscopy and mass spectrometry
- exploration of technology developments in the direction of utmost spatiotemporal resolution and highest sensitivity
- generating and interpretation of large data sets of metabolite distributions in cellular assemblies, tissue samples and biopsy materials in close cooperation with the further research departments at ISAS and national/international collaboration partners
- integration of large datasets with other OMICS data as rich source for modelling of metabolic processes
- development of suitable statistical methods for data evaluation and visualization
- validation of the technology in the real world with biomedical/clinical end-users
- team management
- presentation and publication of the research results as well as obtaining third party funding
- interdisciplinary collaboration with research facilities, institutes, universities along with other external research partners in order to pursue cooperative research projects
- a PhD degree in chemistry/biochemistry/physics or a related field
- profound experience in technology development of NMR spectroscopy or Mass spectrometry, metabolite research and understanding of the field of biomedical research is highly desirable
- very good skills as communicator and team leader
- fluent English (spoken and written)
- good German communication skills are a plus
- a superbly equipped group funded first for 5 year
- scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
- extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure for the desired project
- a wide range of activities in skill enhancement and further qualification
Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and would therefore particularly encourage women to apply. The salary will be according to the German TV-L E 15. The fixed-termed full-time position is available immediately and at first offered for three years. The time limitation of the contract is based on the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG).
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber.
Closing date for application is Jan 31st 2021. Applications should contain: a cover letter describing research interests, a detailed CV along with publication list including at least three representative papers, copies of certified transcript of records (PhD and master diplomas) as well as names and contact information of at least 2 referees.
Please send your complete application as a single pdf document (quoting the reference number 29/2020 in the subject header) by e-mail to personal(at)isas.de.
Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (personal(at)isas.de).
For further information on the institute please see http://www.isas.de.